The 2023 Arbor snowboards lineup has all but 1 (the Terrapin) of the 2022 models returning. There are 5 new models and a plethora of tweaks to returning models.
Below I will cover the new boards for the 2022-23 season, the 2021-22 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model, and place each board into the categories where I see them fitting best.
Finally I'll take a look at all the tweaks to the returning models.
New 2023 Arbor Snowboards
The new boards for 2022-23 are:
Exiting 2022 Arbor Snowboards
The 2022 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model:
All 2023 Arbor Snowboards by Category
Below, I have categorized Arbor's 2022-23 lineup. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and not necessarily the same as how Arbor might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every board is different, but this is a rough guide.
ARBOR BEGINNER SNOWBOARDS
ARBOR PARK/FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
ARBOR ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
ARBOR ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
ARBOR AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
ARBOR FREERIDE SNOWBOARDS
ARBOR POWDER & SHORT/WIDE SNOWBOARDS
ARBOR SPLIT BOARDS
ARBOR YOUTH SNOWBOARDS
So there you have the 2023 Arbor snowboards.
Out with the Old
Very little retiring from the 2022 lineup - just the Terrapin that's exiting.
In with the New
A few new boards, with the majority of them being new split boards. The new Satori Camber, a mellow freeride board, comes in a snowboard, splitboard and has a youth version. The Satori Youth Camber doubles the youth snowboard options in the Arbor line, though it does only come in one size (125).
Rounding out the other new splits is the Landmark Split Rocker and the Landmark Split Camber.
Changes to Existing Models
Pretty much every 2022 model returns with a 2023 model (except the Terrapin), but there have been quite a few tweaks to these returning models, including:
- Westmark Camber: Really different board now. Same name, but could almost call it a new board. Drops sizes 157W and 159. Gains a 158W. Gets "flip tips" whatever that is, but more noticeably, the shape of the tip and tail are changed. And a lot of dimensions have changed like less effective edge, longer tip and tail, wider waist and wider contact points, a straighter sidecut and more pronounced camber. So, basically a lot! I think the core is the same though.
- Westmark Rocker: Like the Westmark Rocker, this underwent a lot of changes. Also got the tip/tail shape change, the longer tip and tail, wider waist and wider contact points, a straighter sidecut and less effective edge. Also the sizes are all completely different with the 149, 152, 154MW, 155, 157MW, 158, 161W all gone and replaced by 151, 154, 157, 160.
- Draft Camber: Core changed from "single malt" core to "highland core". Flex doesn't change though - still 4/10.
- Draft Rocker: Core also changed from "single malt" core to "highland core".
- Cadence Rocker & Camber: Flex rating changed from 3/10 to 4/10.
- Element Rocker & Camber: Flex rating down from 6/10 on 22 model to 5/10 on 23 model.
- Formula Rocker & Camber and Poparazzi Rocker & Camber: Arbor rated them 3/5 for "park + street", whereas they got 2/5 for park/street on 22 model.
- Wasteland Rocker & Camber: Ash, Red Elm, and Palisander Powerply topseheet replacing the "American black walnut, el dorado, hand dyed ash powerply topsheet
- Swoon Rocker & Camber: Rated 6/10 flex for 23 model - was 5/10 for 22 model. Topsheet change from "carbonized bamboo powerply" on 22 model to "hand dyed ash powerply on 23 model
- A-Frame: Was rated 8/10 flex on 22 model, now rated 9/10 flex 23 model. "Red gum/pallisander/black dyed ash" topsheet replaced by "pallisander" top sheet on 23 model
- Cosa Nostra: Flex rating for 23 model is 7/10 flex, for 22 model it was 6/10 flex. "Eldorado" topsheet on 22 model replaced by "eucalyptus" top sheet on 23 model. "Sintered crosslink" base on 23 model replacing "sintered+" on 22 model.
- Clovis & Annex: Double barrel II core on 23 model relacing "double barrel" on 22 model.
- Veda: Was rated 5/10 flex on 22 model, 23 model is now rated 7/10 flex. "Armatic cedar" topsheet on 22 model replaced by "hand dyed ash" on 23 model.
- Single: Rated 5/10 flex for 23 and was 6/10 flex on 22 model.
In addition a lot of the models in the catalog don't mention "3 degree fenders" when this feature was mentioned in the 22 model. I suspect that this is just an omission or a change to the catalog not to include this feature, rather than them actually removing the fenders, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
For all Snowboarding Profiles' Arbor reviews, check out the link at the button below.