Below we are going to outline the 2022 Capita snowboards lineup.
To start with we are going to take a look at the new boards for the 2021-22 season, and any 2020-21 boards that won't be returning with a 2021 model.
Then we'll look at each board and put them into the categories where I see them fitting best.
New 2022 Capita Snowboards
The new boards for 2021-22 are:
Exiting 2021 Capita Snowboards
The 2021 boards that won't be returning with a 2022 model:
All 2022 Capita Snowboards by Category
Below, I have categorized Capita's 2021-22 snowboard lineup. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and are not necessarily the same as how Capita might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every board is different, but this is a rough guide.
CAPiTA BEGINNER SNOWBOARDS
CAPiTA PARK/FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
CAPiTA ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
CAPiTA AGGRESSIVE ALL-MTN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
CAPiTA ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
CAPiTA AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
CAPiTA FREERIDE SNOWBOARDS
CAPiTA POWDER & SHORT/WIDE SNOWBOARDS
CAPiTA SPLIT BOARDS
CAPiTA YOUTH SNOWBOARDS
So there you have the 2022 Capita snowboards.
A few new boards, with the Mega Merc and Pathfinder (camber version) being the most notable additions.
The most notable relegation was the Supernova.
Some other changes to existing boards:
- DOA: Core changed a little plus new sizes 162 & 163W
- SuperDOA: New 163W size
- Mercury: New sizes 150, 156W, 158W & 160W
- Outerspace Living: Now have a 0.5" (12.5mm) reference setback stance
- Indoor Survival: New core, shape change, sidecut changed, small (1/2") setback added and some other things - basically a lot of changes, but same flex, camber profile, base and other things
- The Outsides: Slightly changed core, new base and new sizes 152W and 156W
- Scott Stevens Pro: Some changes to core and boosters
- Ultrafear: Some changes to core and boosters plus changed camber profile - now a hybrid camber (Capita's "Resort V1 Profile") where it was flat-to-rocker (Capita's "Park V2 Profile") in the past.
- BSOD: Slightly tweaked core
- Navigator: New inlaid cork dampeners
- Birds of a Feather: Core changed a little plus new sizes 148W, 150W and 152W - pretty cool/unique to see a women's board get wide sizes
- Paradise: New size 139 - plus now setback 0.5" (12.5mm)
- Space Metal Fantasy: New size 139
- With in the Ultralight Powder Displacement Snowcraft series, the Powder Pill 158 is new and the Tree Hunter 161 is gone.
I was privileged to be able to test a good number of 2022 Capita boards and I'll release my reviews for those through the year.