2019 snowboards are now available – well for most of the brands that I test anyway. Some you’ll be able to get right away, whilst for others, you can pre-order them.
These have been available in the southern hemisphere for the past few months but now they’re available in the northern hemisphere’s – the first signs of the 2018/19 season! Can’t wait (I know it’s the height of summer, but I can’t help it, I need my fix!)
As of time of writing this (July 11th) the following brands have 2019 models available (that I’ve seen, there may be others that I haven’t seen).
- Never Summer
- Lib Tech
I’m sure there are some that I’ve missed as well.
Other brands, like Burton, Rome, Salomon, Nitro & Bataleon won’t be far off hitting the shelves either
What’s on Offer this Season
A lot of the old favorites return, of course, but some with overhauls or more minor tweaks.
And, of course, there are some brand new models coming out and some being discontinued or renamed.
Here’s a quick list of some of the 2019 newcomers.
This list is far from exhaustive and are only for the brands that I’ve looked at thoroughly so far.
That’s just a selection of new boards from a few different brands but gives you an idea of how many new decks are out for the coming winter.
Most of the old models are returning too – in 2019 versions, but there are some 2018 models that won’t be returning with a 2019 model.
- Arbor A Frame (not new but returning after a hiatus)
- Arbor Cadence Camber
- Arbor Cask
- Arbor Formula Camber
- GNU Spasym Asym
- GNU T2B Asym
- Jones Women’s Mind Expander
- K2 Afterblack
- K2 Broadcast
- K2 Manifest
- K2 Overboard
- Lib Tech Dough Boy Shredder
- Lib Tech Jamie Lynn Phoenix Dagmar
- Lib Tech Jamie Lynn Phoenix Titty Fish
- Lib Tech Lost Lib Round Nose Fish
- Lib Tech Mc Way Finder
- Lib Tech Orca
- Lib Tech Stump Ape
- Never Summer Heritage (not new but returning after a hiatus)
- Never Summer Peacemaker
- Never Summer Shaper Twin
- Niche Ember
- Niche Pyre
- Ride MTNPIG
- Ride Twin Pig
- Ride Women’s Warpig
- Rome Ravine
- Rossignol Meraki
- Rossignol Sawblade
- Salomon Piece
- Salomon Premiere
- Salomon Speedway
- YES Basic Decade
Again, this is not exhaustive, and I haven’t covered some brands here. Also, doesn’t include split boards or kids/youth boards
Some Notable Omissions
The following have been discontinued in 2019. Some of which were quite surprising to me, though some of which are still around, essentially (with some tweaks) and a name change.
- Arbor Sin Nombre
- Salomon Solomonder
- Salomon Man’s Board
- Rossignol Tesla
- Rome Artifact (camber version)
- Rome Mod-Rocker (the camber version is still there (and the Mod Stale is too) but the Rocker version is gone)
- Rome Crossrocket
- Rome Sawtooth
- Ride Crook
- Ride Alter Ego
- Never Summer Onyx
- Lib Tech Lost Lib Twin Rocket
- Lib Tech MC Step Tail – Short/Wide
- Lib Tech Jamie Lynn Phoenix – there’s the Jamie Lynn Dagmar, Titty Fish and Mayhem Colab – but the original is out of the line this season
- K2 Turbo Dream
- K2 Fastplant
- K2 Subculture
- K2 Happy Hour
- GNU Swallow Tail Carver (which was new in 2018 so was only around 1 season)
- GNU Hard Candy
- GNU Metal Gnuru – replaced by the T2B which is essentially this board with a new name and an upgrade core
- GNU Zoid
- GNU Ladies Zoid
- GNU Finsanity
- Capita Thunderstick
- Capita Supernova
- Capita C.Slasher
Note that this list is not exhaustive and that it doesn’t include split boards or kids/youth boards.
Check out some more details on some of the brands above at the following links. I will publish more of these as the season approaches and will try to remember to add them in here as I publish them, but these are the ones done so far.
Below are a couple of stores that have 2019 models available now.
Bring on winter 2018/19!
Loving the sunshine right now – but doesn’t stop me from thinking about riding!