The 2019 K2 snowboards will be hitting the shelves before we know it, getting ready for that 2018-19 season.
K2 have a few new offerings in 2019 models and some others that have dropped out of the line.
K2 retain their penchant for short/wide boards, or what they term “volume shifted” boards, and their 2019 line-up again features several of these options.
New 2019 K2 Boards
- K2 Manifest – a new all-mountain, do-it-all in their line
- K2 Broadcast – a new freeride to aggressive all-mountain board
- K2 Afterblack – a new freestyle ride for the K2 line
- K2 Overboard – another new short wide (volume shifted), tapered board in the K2 range – I’d say they have the most of these of any brand that I can think of. Comes in just one size – 165 – 165 and with a 267mm waist and 329mm nose, this is quite a big beast. Not sure you can really say volume shifted, as it’s hardly short!
- K2 Turbo Dream – the long standing Turbo Dream bows out and won’t return with a 2019 model. The Manifest is in some ways it’s replacement but definitely not like for like. The lengths and setback may be the same, but the Manifest has a hybrid camber where the Turbo Dream had a flat to rocker and the the dimensions are different. Designed for the same purpose in that all-mountain (aka do-it-all, aka all-terrain), but the manifest is a new board all of it’s own.
- K2 Fastplant – purpose-wise the Afterblack is the replacement for this – but outside of that the Afterblack is a completely new board – sizings, effective edge, camber profile (again switching out the flat to rocker for a hybrid camber) dimensions and everything differ from the old Fastplant.
- K2 Subculture
- K2 Happy Hour
- K2 Ultra Split
So, a number of boards that have been around a while have dropped out this year as K2 continue their shift towards volume shifting. Though, some new traditional volumed (is that a word?) boards come in to replace some old ones.
The new boards and the drop outs only affect the men’s side of the range. The women’s models appear unchanged from 2018.
All of the beginner K2 boards below are also in other categories.
- K2 Standard | Top 15 Beginner Board
- K2 First Lite | Top 10 Women’s Beginner Board
- K2 Bright Lite
- K2 WWW
- K2 Party Platter | Volume Shifted
- K2 Lime Lite
- K2 Bottle Rocket | Volume Shifted
- K2 Afterblack |NEW for 2019
- K2 Lime Lite
- K2 Raygun
- K2 Standard
- K2 Manifest | NEW for 2019
- K2 Bright Lite
- K2 First Lite
- K2 Outline
- K2 Joy Driver – See Full Review
- K2 Broadcast | NEW for 2019
- K2 Overboard | Volume Shifted | NEW for 2019
- K2 Wildheart| Volume Shifted
- K2 Eighty-Seven | Volume Shifted
- K2 Cool Bean | Volume Shifted – review coming
- K2 Simple Pleasures | Volume Shifted
- Joy Driver Split
- Split Bean
- Northern Lite
K2 Youth & Kid’s Boards
- K2 Vandal (in a 132, 137, 142, 145W, 148W)
- K2 Mini Turbo (in a 75, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130)
- K2 Kandi(in a 129, 134, 137 & 141)
- K2 Lil’ Kat (in a 75, 90, 100, 110, 120)
Thanks for reading
So, there’s the 2019 K2 Snowboard line-up, as I see it. A lot of changes for the men’s line but business as usual for the women’s line.
Check out all of Snowboarding Profiles’ K2 Snowboard reviews at the link below.