The 2023 Slash snowboards lineup hasn't changed a lot on the surface - with no new models and one model exiting. However, they have made a bunch of changes to a several of their returning models.
First I will take a look at any new boards for the 2022-23 season, and any 2021-22 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model.
Then I'll place each board into the categories where I see them fitting best and then take a look at any changes to returning models.
New 2023 Slash Snowboards
The new boards for 2022-23 are:
* it doesn't look like Slash will be introducing any new boards for the 2022-23 season
Exiting 2022 Slash Snowboards
The 2021 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model:
All 2023 Slash Snowboards by Category
Below, I have categorized Slash's 2022-23 lineup. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and not necessarily the same as how Slash might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every board is different, but this is a rough guide.
SLASH BEGINNER SNOWBOARDS
SLASH PARK/FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
SLASH ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
There isn't a Slash board that strictly fits this category, IMO, though the Brainstorm, or even the Happy Place could be used for this style of riding for sure.
SLASH AGGRESSIVE ALL-MTN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
There isn't a Slash board that strictly fits this category, IMO, though the ATV could be used for this style of riding.
SLASH ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
SLASH AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
SLASH FREERIDE SNOWBOARDS
SLASH POWDER & SHORT/WIDE SNOWBOARDS
SLASH SPLIT BOARDS
SLASH YOUTH SNOWBOARDS
So there you have the 2023 Slash snowboards.
Out with the Old
Just the Aurora is exiting.
In with the New
With a small line up, like Slash has, it's not too surprising that there's not a lot going on. No new boards for the 2022-23 season, that I can seem.
Changes to Existing Models
There have been quite a few changes to returning models though.
- Happy Place: The 2023 model gets an upgraded based (sintered 6000 on 2022 model and sintered 7500 on 2023 model) | NEW SIZES 135, 142, 148, 150, 163W and DROPS the 149. So 4 more sizes total. The specs of the sizes that didn't change are the same. Whilst Slash doesn't have any specific women's models, the new sizing for the Happy Place now makes it more of a unisex board.
- Brainstorm: "impact dampening" on 23 model, but no "ultimate traction" which was on 22 model. Not sure if that's a real change or just a marketing change.
- ATV: The full camber 6/10 camber that was on the 2022 model is now 3/10 camber with flat sections before the contact points. Has 3D lift in tip and tail for 23 model too. Lightweight woodcore (22 model) replaced with the forever woodcore (23 model). Sintered base HD (2022) replaced with Sintered 7500 on the '23 model. Progressive sidecut (22) is now a singular sidecut (23). The ultimate traction which was on the 22 model seems to not be on the 23 model - or at least not mentioned. All the shape specs are different - only the 159W and 163W remain from the 2022 model, but with different specs. The 154, 155W, 156 and 158 are all gone with a 155 and 157 coming in. So a good number of changes.
- Vertical: Gains new size - 151.
- Straight: Specs look pretty much identical, but they say they've made it more user friendly and easier to maneuver by using a little less wood - to give it a softer directional flex. Still rated 6/10 for flex like it was in 2022.
- Portal: Doesn't mention "ultimate traction" for specs for the 23 model, which it did for the 22 model, but otherwise looks the same. However Slash do say that they've also reduced the wood (like with the Straight) in this one - leading to a slightly looser ride apparently.
For all Snowboarding Profiles' Slash reviews, check out the link at the button below.