The following is a quick overview of the 2023 Nitro snowboards lineup.
First I will take a look at any new boards for the 2022-23 season, and any 2021-22 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model.
Then I'll place each board into the categories where I see them fitting best.
New 2023 Nitro Snowboards
The new boards for 2022-23 are:
Exiting 2022 Nitro Snowboards
The 2022 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model:
All 2023 Nitro Snowboards by Category
Below, I have categorized Nitro's 2022-23 lineup. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and not necessarily the same as how Nitro might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every board is different, but this is a rough guide.
NITRO BEGINNER SNOWBOARDS
NITRO PARK/FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO AGGRESSIVE ALL-MTN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
NITRO AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
NITRO FREERIDE SNOWBOARDS
NITROPOWDER & SHORT/WIDE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO SPLIT BOARDS
NITRO YOUTH SNOWBOARDS
So there you have the 2023 Nitro snowboards.
Out with the Old
A few boards are retiring, but the only real retirees are the Woodcarver and the Fusion.
The Women's Squash Split isn't there as a separate board anymore, but it's only size (148) has been absorbed into the men's Squash Split.
And the Ripper Youth is gone, but 2 of it's sizes (the 132 & 137) have been absorbed into the Ripper Kid's board. The 142, 146 & 149 sizes are gone though.
In with the New
A good few new options this year, starting with the new quiver series model Dinghy.
A couple of new split boards in the Vertical - and the Team gets a split model.
In the women's line, there's a new all-mountain board - the Karma - plus a new park board in the Optisym.
There's also a new youth board - the Mini Thrills, which comes in 138, 143 & 148.
There's also some new graphic collab models - but the boards are the same as their non-collab selves. These include:
- Team Pro Sam Taxwood
- Prime X Dave Doman
- Optisym X Drink Sexy
- Optisym X EIVY
Changes to Existing Models
There have been some changes to existing boards, most notably to the Slash and the Pantera.
- Santoku: Gets the "Reflex Core Profile" in place of the "whiplash core profile" from the '22 model. And diamond "bands" in place of diamond "laminates" (not sure if those are different or not though).
- Cinema: Flex rating down to 5/10 (was 7/10). Sidecut changed from "dual degressive" to "radial". Has become a more beginner friendly option
- Dropout: Sidecut changed to "Dual Degressive". Was "Radial" on '22 model. Flex rating now 6/10 - was 7/10.
- Magnum: Core profile changes to "Standard Core Profile" - was "reflex core profile" on '22 model.
- SMP: Sidecut changed to "Dual Degressive". was "Radial" on '22 model. Flex rating now 6/10 - was 7/10. Gets "Power Pods".
- Drop: GAINS size 142. Sidecut changed to "Dual Degressive". Was "Radial" on '22 model.
- Victoria Pro: GAINS 2 new sizes - 149 & 155. Flex rating up to 8/10 (from 7/10 for '22 model).
- Pantera: Was rated 8/10 flex, now rated 9/10. Loses its taper. It's now just directional and not tapered directional. The 166 regular width size drops out. Waist widths are a little wider for the regular sizes. Running Length hasn't changed but sidecut has (not surprisingly given the tail has become wider to remove the taper (nose lengths remain fairly similar) and the waist widths a little different). Less setback now (-15mm vs -25mm on the '22 model). So heaps of changes for the Pantera.
- Slash: Shape is the same - all the same dimensions - but it is now True Camber, where it was "Camout" camber and also has 3D Surf Tech shaping. So 2 pretty significant changes to this board.
- Slash Split: Drops size 151. Gets 3D Surf Tech shaping, like it's non-split counterpart.
Also a few boards, get flex rating changes but no other changes, so probably just how their rating their flex now. These include the T1 (up to 7/10 from 6/10), the Highlander (up to 8/10 from 7/10) and the Team Pro (up to 8/10 from 7/10).
So Nitro have been busy.
For all Snowboarding Profiles' Nitro reviews, check out the link at the button below.