The following is a quick overview of the 2022 Union snowboard bindings lineup.
First I will look at any new bindings for the 2021-22 season, and any old 2021 models that aren't returning with a 2022 model.
Then I'll place each binding into the categories where I see them best fitting.
New 2022 Union Bindings
The new bindings for 2021-22 are:
Exiting 2021 Union Bindings
The 2021 bindings that aren't returning with a 2022 model:
All 2022 Union Bindings by Category
Below I have organized Union's 2021-22 collection. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and not necessarily the same as how Union might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every binding is different, but this is a rough guide.
UNION BEGINNER BINDINGS
UNION PARK/FREESTYLE BINDINGS
UNION ALL-MOUNTAIN BINDINGS
UNION ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREERIDE BINDINGS
UNION FREERIDE BINDINGS
UNION SPLITBOARD BINDINGS
UNION YOUTH BINDINGS
So there you have the 2022 Union snowboard bindings lineup.
Out with the Old
Essentially nothing is really exiting, with the Expedition and Expedition FC essentially just getting name changes.
In with the New
Apart from the Explorer and Explorer FC (which are name changes), there are some new accessories to go with said splitboard bindings, namely the Rover and the Expedition pack, which work hand in hand.
The Rover are 100cm uphill skis that help to get you uphill on backcountry expeditions.
The Expedition pack is a 24L backpack that is designed with snowboard connections for carrying your board uphill and Rover connections for carrying the Rover uphill climbers on the descent.
Changes to Existing models
- Explorer: Apart from getting a different name to it's predecessor (the Expedition) it gets a new ankle strap (Exoframe 4.0, which was on the Expedition FC last year), new toe strap (TS 2.0 W/Pin) and a new highback lean flad
- Explorer FC: Like the Explorer the Explorer FC get's a new name and some new components, namely, new ankle strap (Exoframe 5.0), toe strap (TS 4.0+), and new flad
- Atlas FC: New ankle strap (Exoframe 5.0) and toe strap (TS 4.0+)
- Force: New ankle strap (Exoframe 4.0) and toe strap (TS 2.0 Rhombus)
- Trilogy: New ankle strap (Exoframe 4.0) and toe strap (TS 2.0 Rhombus)
- STR: New ankle strap (Exoframe 2.0)
- Juliet: New ankle strap (Exoframe 2.0)
- Falcor: Quite an overhaul on this one. New high back (Falcor Forged Hybrid 2.0), which is the biggest change, but also new ankle strap (Exoframe 5.0) and toe strap (TS 4.0+) and a couple of other small things.
- Contact Pro: Just one change but a fairly significant one. New high back (Asym S2 Duraflex)
- Milan: Just one change but a fairly significant one. New high back (Asym S2 Duraflex)
- Flite Pro: Complete overhaul of this one with a new baseplate (stage 8 duraflex), new heel cup, new high back (stage 12 Flite Pro duraflex), new bushings and new toe strap. Looks kind of like a Falcor, but they couldn't be more different!
- Rosa: Complete overhaul of this one with a new baseplate (stage 8 duraflex), new heel cup, new high back (stage 12 Rosa duraflex), new bushings and new toe strap.
So, they've been busy!
Snowboarding Profiles Tests
I was able to test a good number of 2022 Union bindings (including several women's models) and I'll release the reviews for those through the year, including the Falcor, Contact Pro and Flite Pro which were the most significantly changed of the men's lineup.
For all of Snowboarding Profiles' Union reviews, check out the link at the button below.