The following is a quick overview of the 2023 GNU snowboards lineup.
First I will take a look at any new boards for the 2022-23 season, and any 2021-22 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model.
Then I'll place each board into the categories where I see them fitting best.
New 2023 GNU Snowboards
The new boards for 2022-23 are:
Exiting 2022 GNU Snowboards
The 2022 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model:
All 2023 GNU Snowboards by Category
Below, I have categorized GNU's 2022-23 lineup. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and not necessarily the same as how GNU might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every board is different, but this is a rough guide.
GNU BEGINNER SNOWBOARDS
GNU PARK/FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
GNU ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
GNU AGGRESSIVE ALL-MTN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
GNU ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
GNU AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
GNU FREERIDE SNOWBOARDS
GNU POWDER & SHORT/WIDE SNOWBOARDS
GNU SPLIT BOARDS
GNU YOUTH SNOWBOARDS
So there you have the 2023 GNU snowboards.
Out with the Old
Not a lot of change in terms of retiring boards, with only the Gorp exiting.
In with the New
With the Gorp exiting the Banked Country Split takes it's place as GNU's men's splitboard. And for the first time they add a women's specific split board model.
In addition to the changes in the split line, they also add the 4 x 4, an aggressive all-mountain board that really rounds out their line. Stay tuned for our review on that one.
Changes to Existing Models
Whilst not a whole lot changed in terms of new boards and retiring boards, GNU did make quite a few tweaks to their returning lineup, including:
- Headspace: Gets a new size - a 146
- Pro Choice: Gets Carbon Power bands in place of 22 model's Bio Fibre dampener
- B-Nice: Gains new sizes - 133 and 154. The 148 and 151 sizes got wider (148 was 23.8cm waist, 27.8cm nose/tail - now 24cm waist and 28cm nose/tail - 2mm wider | 151 was 24cm/28cm, now 24.3cm/28.3cm - 3mm wider)
- Rider's Choice: In terms of sizings it drops the 166W but gains a 159.5. Gets Carbon Power Bands that it didn't have last year. Gets a new "G LITE 3 Core" - was G2 Eco Construction on the 2022 model.
- Finest: Gers a new size - a 159
- Ladies Choice: Gets Carbon Power bands in place of 22 model's Bio Fibre dampener
- Velvet: Gets a "G Lite 2" core - the 2022 model had a "G1 Eco Construction"
- Gloss: Drops size 130
- RC C3: Gains a 159.5. Gets Carbon Power Bands that it didn't have in it's 2022 model. Gets a new "G LITE 3 Core" - was G2 Eco Construction on the 2022 model.
- Banked Country: Drops size 151, gains a 163W. G lite 3 core for the 2023 model - was a "G2 Eco Construction" on the 2022 model. Gets Carbon power bands added that weren't listed for the 22 model.
- Hyper: Eco Subliminated Poly Top on the 23 vs eco-subliminated bio beans on the 22 model
- Barrett: Gets the "Progressive Pro Magnetraction tech" that the Banked Country introduced last year
- Gremlin: Eco Subliminated Poly Top on the 23 vs eco-subliminated bio beans on the 22 model
- Free Spirit: Shape change - 148 is now a little narrower (was 31.7 nose, 26.3 waist, 29.9 tail - now 31 nose, 25.5 waist, 29.3 tail). Also gains a new size - a 153 but drops the 143 - even 153 is narrower than old 148 (31.2 nose, 25.5 waist, 29.5 tail). Plus gets carbon power bands in place of the bio fiber dampener and subliminated poly top in place of bio beans top.
Some branding has also changed. With the terms "G Lite 1", "G Lite 2" and "G Lite 3" being used in place of G2 Eco Construction etc.
For all Snowboarding Profiles' GNU reviews, check out the link at the button below.
Leave a Reply