The 2023 Nidecker snowboards lineup sees a couple of new boards come in and a few 22 models not returning. They’ve also been busy updating returning models.
First I will take a look at any new boards for the 2022-23 season, and any 2021-22 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model.
Then I'll place each board into the categories where I see them fitting best followed by a summary of changes to returning models.
New 2023 Nidecker Snowboards
The new boards for 2022-23 are:
Exiting 2022 Nidecker Snowboards
The 2022 boards that aren't returning with a 2023 model:
All 2023 Nidecker Snowboards by Category
Below, I have categorized Nidecker's 2022-23 lineup. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and not necessarily the same as how Nidecker might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every board is different, but this is a rough guide.
NIDECKER BEGINNER SNOWBOARDS
NIDECKER PARK/FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
IMO Nidecker doesn't have a board that strictly fits this cateogry
NIDECKER ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
NIDECKER AGGRESSIVE ALL-MTN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
NIDECKER ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
NIDECKER AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
NIDECKER FREERIDE SNOWBOARDS
NIDECKER POWDER & SHORT/WIDE SNOWBOARDS
NIDECKER SPLIT BOARDS
NIDECKER YOUTH SNOWBOARDS
So there you have the 2023 Nidecker snowboards.
Out with the Old
The Fun Ball, Tracer, Spectre and Spectre Carbon from the 2022 lineup aren't returning with a 2023 model.
In with the New
The Escape gets a plus model and also a split model.
Changes to Existing Models
The following are some of the changes for returning models:
- Alpha: Two new sizes - 148 and 162W. Construction changed from "Exclusive Nidactive Sandwich" to "Premium Sandwich". Otherwise the same, including the graphic which is unchanged.
- Alpha APX: One new size - 162W. Popcarbon plus on 23 model replaces "Pop Carbon" on 22 model. Graphic unchanged
- Beta: One new size - 165W. Construction changed from "Exclusive Nidactive Sandwich" to "Premium Sandwich". Graphic unchanged
- Beta APX: One new size - 165W. Popcarbon plus on 23 model replaces "Pop Carbon" on 22 model. Graphic unchanged
- Mosquito: Has had a subtle shape change, but doesn't seemed to have affected the width or effective edge or sidecut or anything, more just the shaping on the nose and tail. Flex rating the same, but apparently has a more modernized flex.
- Smoke: 154 replaces 155 and 162 replaces 161. 158 remains. Some nose and tail lengths and effective edge/contact length tweaks as well as some tweaks to the waist width, nose and tail widths and width at inserts - but very subtly. Taper on some sizes is slightly reduced and setback is now 20mm versus 30mm on the 2022 model. The shape is a little different on the tail as well.
- Gun: The tail and nose are a little less pointy. Tail is a little longer, with contact length and effective edge being a little shorter. A little less taper with nose remaining the same and tail width getting 2mm wider. Waist 1mm narrower and underfoot width a little narrower too. Setback 2mm less than 22 model.
- Sensor Plus: 23 model has "Pop Carbon Plus" in place of "Pop Carbon".
- Escape: Gets "Camrock" in place of the "Positive Camber" the 2022 model had. Gets "Pop Carbon" in place of "Vibrak". Setback 10mm for 23 model vs 30mm for 22 model. Contact length has decreased and effective edge has increased.
- Venus: "Pop Carbon" on 23 model, in place of "Vibrak" that the 22 model had.
For all Snowboarding Profiles' Nidecker reviews, check out the link at the button below.