The following is a quick overview of the 2024 YES snowboards lineup.
First I will take a look at any new boards for the 2023-24 season, and any 2022-23 boards that aren't returning with a 2024 model.
Then I'll place each board into the categories where I see them fitting best and finally take a look at any changes for returning boards.
New 2024 YES Snowboards
The new boards for 2023-24 are:
+ SBBS Pyzel - The SBBS (snowboards built by surfers) Pyzel is a tapered midbite, directional twin (according to YES, but given that there's some taper there, I wouldn't call it directional twin), 7/10 flex, traditional camber, freeride bordering on all-mountain board. It has 6mm of taper and features slam back inserts.
+ All-In - Another that features tapered mid-bite (like the Warca and the new Pyzel), the All-In is a mellow freeride board that's more budget friendly. A large part of that is down to having an extruded, rathar than sintered base. Again YES call it a directional twin (but again, with taper, I would debate that). It comes with a 6/10 flex rating, camrock (hybrid camber) 2-4-2 and 6mm of taper. Very much looks a lot like the new Pyzel but with an extruded base, biax glasssing (vs triax on the Pyzel) and a softer overall flex (likely due, in large part, to the biax glassing).
Exiting 2023 YES Snowboards
The 2023 boards that aren't returning with a 2024 model:
- Zilch: Looks like all YES boards from 2023 are getting a 2024 model.
All 2024 YES Snowboards by Category
Below, I have categorized YES's 2023-24 lineup. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and not necessarily the same as how YES might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every board is different, but this is a rough guide.
-YES BEGINNER SNOWBOARDS-
- Women's Basic - name change for 2023 | Top 10 Women's Beginner Snowboard
-YES PARK/FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS-
- Jackpot – See Full Review | Top 10 Freestyle Board
- Dicey – See Full Review | Top 10 Freestyle Board
- Basic – See Full Review
-YES ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS-
- Women's Basic | See Full Review
-YES AGGRESSIVE ALL-MTN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS-
- Basic Uninc RDM - SEE FULL REVIEW
- YES Standard Uninc | NEW for 2023- See Full Review | Top 5 Aggressive All-Mtn Freestyle Board
-YES ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS-
- Standard – See Full Review | Top 10 All Mountain Board
- Typo – See Full Review | Top 10 All Mountain Board
- Hel Yes – SEE FULL REVIEW | Top 6 Women's All Mountain Board
- Hello – SEE FULL REVIEW | Top 6 Women's All Mountain Board
-YES AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS-
No Yes board strictly fits this category, IMO, though the Standard Uninc, SBBS Pyzel and PYL wouldn't be out of place here.
-YES FREERIDE SNOWBOARDS-
- Pick Your Line – See Full Review | Top 10 Freeride Board
- Pick Your Line Uninc
- Hybrid - See Full Review | Top Surfy 10 Freeride Board
- Optimistic - SEE FULL REVIEW
- SBBS Pyzel | NEW for 2024
- All-In | NEW for 2024 - full review coming
-YES POWDER & SHORT/WIDE SNOWBOARDS-
- 20/20 (short/wide Twin powder board)
- 420 Powder Hull (short/wide Tapered Directional powder board)
- Warca Uninc JPS | full review coming
-YES SPLIT BOARDS-
-YES YOUTH SNOWBOARDS-
- First Basic (comes in 127, 133, 138 & 142)
- First Pow (comes in 125 & 135)
So there you have the 2024 YES snowboards.
Out with the Old and In with the New
There aren't any retiring boards in YES' lineup this year. Everything from 2023 has returned with a 2024 model.
There are a couple of new boards, the SBBS Pyzel and All-In. Freeride/all-mountain boards that share the same shape and dimensions. But the Pyzel features full camber vs the hybrid camber on the All-In and the Pyzel is stiffer and likely lighter, given the core.
The Pyzel also comes with a sintered spec base vs the extruded base on the All-In. The differences are similar to those between the Jackpot and the Dicey.
Changes to Existing Models
Basic Uninc RDM: NEW Sizes 159W and 161. Otherwise looks to be identical.
Standard Uninc: NEW Size 149. 2023 model mentions Triax + carbon for glass - 2024 doesn't mention the carbon. Sidecut is 0.1m shorter for each size for '24 model - but this is likely just a remeasurement or re-rounding than an actual change given that all other dimensions are identical.
PYL Uninc. DCP : For the '23 model the core was Poplar/Paulownia/chakra windows. For the '24 ,model it says poplar/paulownia/coreless tail. Otherwise looks to be the same.
Hybrid: The '23 model says camrock 1-4-2 and '24 model says camrock 1-4-1. Not sure if 1 of those was just a typo though (2022 model was also presented as 1-4-1 - so the 2023 model might have been the typo). Otherwise no changes and this is likely to have not been a change but more of a presentation correction.
20/20: The '23 model's core was poplar/paulownia. The '24 model says poplar/paulownia+coreless.
420 Powder Hull: '23 model core was poplar/paulownia. '24 model says poplar/paulownia+ powder hull. Otherwise looks to be the same.
In addition to these changes most models also received new graphics. The exceptions being the PYL and 420, which also have the same graphic as the '23 model.
Snowboarding Profiles' YES reviews
For all Snowboarding Profiles' YES reviews, check out the link at the button below.