The following is a quick overview of the 2022 Nitro snowboards lineup.
First I'll look at any new boards for the 2021-22 season, and any old 2020-21 boards that won't be getting a 2022 model.
Then I'll place each board into the categories where I see them fitting best.
New 2022 Nitro Snowboards
The new boards for 2021-22 are:
Exiting 2021 Nitro Snowboards
The 2021 boards that aren't returning with a 2022 model:
All 2022 Nitro Snowboards by Category
Below I have organized Nitro's 2021-22 collection into categories. This is according to the categories here at SnowboardingProfiles.com and not necessarily the same as how Nitro might label them.
Of course these are only broad categories as every board is different, but this is a rough guide.
NITRO BEGINNER SNOWBOARDS
NITRO PARK/FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO ALL-MOUNTAIN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO AGGRESSIVE ALL-MTN-FREESTYLE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
NITRO AGGRESSIVE ALL-MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDS
NITRO FREERIDE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO POWDER & SHORT/WIDE SNOWBOARDS
NITRO SPLIT BOARDS
NITRO YOUTH SNOWBOARDS
So there you have the 2022 Nitro snowboards.
Out with the Old
The only 2021 board that doesn't return with a 2022 model is the SHtik. But it doesn't leave a whole in the lineup, with the new Optisym replacing it. They're not the same board, but they're the same type of board.
In with the New
4 new boards come into the lineup for the 2021/22 season. Two of those are new split boards - one men's (Slash Split) and Nitro's first youth split board, the Miniganger.
Then there's the new Team Pro - a souped up version of the longstanding Team.
And as mentioned above the new park/freestyle Optisym.
Changes for Existing boards
Some of the 2021 models that are returning have had some changes made to them, like:
- Pow: The Pow gets a new shape - narrower nose/tail and narrower waist (but at 270mm it's still not narrow, but narrower compared to the 280mm it used to be!). It also has a changed sidecut which is quite a bit tighter than it used to be. The swallow tail takes on quite a different look too. But it keeps the same core, flex and camber profile - and used for the same type of riding.
- Highlander: Gets a new shape with wider tip/tail width and waist width and a different sidecut. Previously there was a 159 and a 163 but for 2022 there is a 156, 159 & 162.
- Future Team: Gets a new size - 151
- Squash: Gets a new size - 156
- Mercy: Gets a new size - 138
For all Snowboarding Profiles' Nitro reviews, check out the link at the button below.